Our Commitment to your privacy
The Timeshare Association is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Timeshare Association may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st October, 2006.
What may we collect?
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers and/or purchases.
What we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are very small, completely safe and secure text files which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or application. Your web browser (e.g. Safari, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox) then sends these files back to the website or application every time you return so that your user personal settings can be recognised. Cookies are useful and help website developers and companies improve your website browsing experience. Some cookies are strictly necessary to enable you to move around the site or to provide certain basic features. Other types of cookies are used to monitor and improve our website’s functionality and performance.
• Remember your settings during and between visits.
• Allow interaction between our website and social networks like
• Gather anonymous data about our users and the way they interact with our website to serve relevant and functional content.
• Continually improve our website for you.
• We do not sell the information collected by cookies, nor do we disclose the information to third parties, except where required by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
WHAT COOKIES WE USE ON OUR WEBSITE 1. Anonymous analytics cookies: Whenever a user visits our website, web analytics software provided by a third party generates an anonymous analytics cookie. These help us find out whether or not you have visited our website before, how many individual unique users visit the site, what pages they look at most frequently etc. Analytics provide anonymous user behaviour information.
2. Social Website cookies: Our website allows you to ‘Like’ and share content on social media networks like Facebook and Twitter. This functionality is enabled through use of third party cookies. In this case, privacy implications vary and are dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen when registering with the social media sites. Our site enables sharing through:
3. Session Cookies: Session cookies are used for users’ movement through the website. They allow you to proceed through many pages of a site quickly and easily without having to authenticate or reprocess each new area you visit. Session cookies are not stored on your computer. They expire when you close your web browser.
If you wish to restrict or block web browser cookies on your device, you can do this in your browser settings:
• Apple Safari Users
• Internet Explorer Users
• Mozilla Firefox Users
• Google Chrome Users
If you use a browser that is not listed above, try the “Help” section of your browser.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We use information from cookies for purposes which may include:
identifying returning users, registrants and subscribers and to allow subscribers to be presented with a personalised version of the site, enabling you to move more easily around our site, tracking your use of our site to better develop our sites in accordance with your requirements. You can delete cookies from your hard drive at any time however this will mean that any settings such as your stored username and password will have to be reset. You can set your internet browser so that it will not allow cookies to be stored on your computer. This may reduce functionality of the site, prevent access to subscriber-only areas of the site and mean that certain features or content will not be available to you. Further information on how to prevent cookies from being stored on your computer can be found on http://www.allaboutcookies.org under the “manage cookies” section. Alternatively go to the help menu within your internet browser.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to
84 -86 Princess St
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.